Translate

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Hydrangea - Dove Art Studio


Hello lovely people, how was your Christmas? Ours was lovely and quiet just the way I like it :)

Today I have coloured one of Jennifer Dove's gorgeous rubber stamps Hydrangea  and placed it on a Stitched Circle Die from By Diezyne, then chose some white card stock and a couple more dies from C.C. CuttersButterfly Border and Mushroom Border you can get all of these products and much much more from C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps. I decided to keep it all white except the Hydrangea image as I wanted it to be the star of the card and I'm very happy with how it turned out.


I hope you like it :) I have a few photo's to show the process of colouring this image as it took me ages to do with a few hiccups that I was able to save along the way. I coloured this image with Copic's. 


I used YG61, YG63, YG67 & G28 for the leaves, then laid down B60 on all the petals.


At this stage I had also used B41, V01, B63, BV02. 


Then some BV04 to start creating depth.


This is where I started doubting that what I was doing would work, I added BV25 for shadows and found it just made the image look 'liney' so i had to blend out the lines.


I used BV23 to blend the lines out somewhat and then took on the rest of the image. 


With each image I was going back over each petal with every colour, I'm so glad it turned out ok because it took a long time to do it lol. 



Andrea xx








No comments:

Post a Comment