Translate

Friday 8 April 2016

Hello Beautiful

Hi everyone,
Just popping in to share my latest card, I had some spare time (well it was colour or do housework lol) so I chose to have a good look and read of Zoe's latest e-book 'Fun Techniques for Colouring Skies' and was so inspired to colour I did just that.


Tress Joyful Card_result

I started the project by colouring the hills I found in the e-book then I coloured the sky following the smooth skies section of the e-book but then I wanted to add a little texture so I got out my polychromos pencils and added a few layers of different shades of blue until I was happy with it. I decided to use my brand new 'Hello' die from WPlus9 and wanted to try a technique I'd see on instagram I think, using the die you cut through the image (scary I know) and put to one side then cut out the die again on plain white card stock about 6 times. Use some card stock on the back of the image to 'fill' the void left by the die on the image then using glue layer the six white words in the void finishing by gluing the coloured word on top, too easy and such a great effect.

12980933_10207538471638290_1866293177_o_result

Then the task of choosing the perfect character to put on this scene, with so many wonderful images in the Make it Crafty Store it was hard to choose but in the end choosing Tress Joyful was perfect for this scene :)

Tress Joyful._result

I coloured her with Copic Markers - Skin - YR0000, 000, 00. Hair - E42, 43, 44. Eyes - YG01, 03, 17, B63. Top - YG01, 03, 17, R24, 27, 29. Jeans - B91, 93, 95, 97. Shoes - E70, 71, 77. Accessories - B00, 01, BG02. Then I fussy cut her and mounted her on the scene :)

That it for me today, I hope you are having a wonderful day/evening.

Andrea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment