Translate

Saturday 9 April 2016

Sunset in Egypt


Hello lovelies :)

It's challenge time again over at Make it Colourful and this time it's all about the sky! Any kind of sky you like!
I had tried a few different skies before I was finally happy with this one, I'm not going to tell you this was easy because it wasn't, it was challenging!! I wish Zoe had released her New SKIES tutorial before I did this one. But that's what it's all about, getting us colourists/crafters out of our comfort zones and stretching our colouring skills!


Pyramids Card_result

I printed the digi image at 25% Grey scale to achieve an almost 'no line' effect and found a photo on Google by typing in 'Egyptian Pyramid Sunset' and looking through all the photos to find one for inspiration. Then proceeded to colour!

I used Copic Markers - Pyramids - E31, 34, 35, 37, YR01. Trees - YG97. Clouds - W1, 3. Sunset - Y11, 21, YR01, 02, 04, 16, 18. there was lots of back and forth over the sky blending then adding then blending some more and to be honest I still think a little more blending is needed but I had to stop somewhere lol. I sponged some pumice stone distressed ink around the edges to add a soften effect.

I really hope to see you all have a go at this challenge, push yourselves and practice practice practice, don't give up if I can do it so can you :)

Bye for now

Andrea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment